- information about all aspects of radio.
Since it was first used around the end of the nineteenth century, radio has become an increasingly important part of everyday life. Radio broadcasting is one of the most obvious forms of radio transmission.
Today radio is used for many forms of communication from long distance satellite communications to the personal cell phones that are widely used. In addition to this wireless communications are becoming more important for data as demonstrated by the rapid growth in Wi-Fi.
Basics of radio
This section will look at some of the basic elements of radio and what it is:
- What is radio?
- Radio signals - a summary about radio waves and what they are.
- The radio spectrum
- Radio propagation basics
- Ionospheric HF propagation basics
Radio signals and modulation
Radio signals are This section will look at some of the basic elements of radio and what it is:
- Amplitude modulation (AM)
- Frequency modulation (FM)
- Single sideband (SSB)
The radio antenna is an essential element for any radio system be it a broadcast receiver, a long distance radio transmitter or a small Wi-Fi module.
- antenna basics
- Dipole antenna
- FM dipole antenna with details for a few simple designs
- television antenna
- satellite antenna
- feeder types - an overview of the different types of RF feeder available
Radio receivers take many forms. Learn more about how they work
- Basic crystal set information and circuit
- a tuned radio frequency receiver (TRF)
- The basics of the superheterodyne radio receiver
- The basics of mixing or multiplications - a very useful process for radio frequencuy engineering
For more information of Radio Frequency topics visit RF Cafe